Suspect wanted after New Year’s Day shooting in Harrington, another arrested

HARRINGTON – After a shooting on New Year’s Day in Harrington near W.T. Chipman and Lake Forest South Elementary Schools, one suspect has been arrested while another is still wanted by the Harrington Police Department.

Wanted: Trequon T. Seth

Police were called to the parking lot of Lake Forest South Elementary School around 3:58 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 1 after multiple shots were fired, striking a 17-year-old victim in both legs, according to Captain Kenny Brode.

The victim was transported by ambulance to Milford Memorial Hospital and was later air lifted to Christiana Hospital for further treatment.  The victim’s injuries do not appear to be life-threatening, Captain Brode continued.

During the course of the investigation, police determined that several subjects were playing football at W.T. Chipman when another group of subjects arrived and confronted the first group playing football and a fight ensued.

After the fight broke up, a subject fired a handgun multiple times at the group of people who were fleeing and this is when the juvenile was wounded.

The suspect who fired the weapon gave the gun to another suspect who discarded the weapon. The weapon has not been recovered.

Police were given a description of the vehicle suspects used to flee the scene. It was located by a Delaware State Trooper on Milford-Harrington Highway in the area of John Char Estates.

Arrested: David Brown

Prior to the trooper stopping the vehicle, the two suspects fled on foot. When the vehicle was stopped, the driver and occupant were taken into custody and transported to the Harrington Police Department for questioning. They were later released without charges.

During the investigation, police were able to identify the suspects as Trequon T. Seth, 19 of the 1400 Block of Hopkins Ave. in Dover, and David Brown, 20 of the first block of North Prestwick Ct. in Dover.

Police determined that Seth is the suspect who fired the weapon and Brown is the suspect who was given the gun and discarded it. Both fled from the vehicle.

During a search of the area, police located Brown hiding in bushes at a residence on Old Airport Road. He was taken into custody.

Brown was then transported to the Harrington Police Department for processing.  Brown was charged with assault in the first degree, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, reckless endangerment in the first degree, tampering with physical evidence, resisting arrest and conspiracy second degree.  He was arraigned via video phone at Justice of the Peace Court 7 and he was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institute in default of $70,000 secured bond.

Trequon T. Seth has still not been located.

Harrington Police have active warrants of file for Seth charging him with assault in the first degree and multiple other charges.  Anyone with information on the location of Mr. Seth is asked to contact the Harrington Police Department at 302-398-4493 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.


You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.
[fbcomments url="" width="375" count="off" num="3"]